|Title||Dkt. No.||Complainant(s)||Proposed Respondent(s)||IP Asserted|
|Certain Memory Modules and Components Thereof, and Products Containing Same||3173||Netlist, Inc.||SK hynix, Inc.
SK hynix America, Inc.
SK hynix memory solutions, Inc.
- Certain Wearable Activity Tracking Devices, Systems, and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-973: The Commission determined to review the ALJ’s summary determination that two patents claimed unpatentable subject matter under Section 101. The Commission vacated the decision as to U.S. Patent No. 8,90,332 and 8,868,377 because there remained issues of material fact to be addressed. The Commission determined not to review the ALJ’s determination of invalidity with respect to a third patent, U.S. Patent No. 9,089,760.
ALJ Initial Determinations
- Certain Light Emitting Diode Products and Components Thereof; Inv. No. 337-TA-947: Judge McNamara issued the public version of her initial determination finding that there has been a violation of Section 337. Judge McNamara found that Respondents had infringed U.S. Patent Nos. 7,312,474, 7,976,187, 8,766,298, 8,596,819, and 8,628,214. The ALJ further determined that Respondents violated Section 337 by falsely labeling certain of their LED products as being Energy Star compliant. The ALJ recommended that a limited exclusion order and cease and desist orders be issued and that a bond of 23% should be paid by Respondents for importations during the presidential review period.
- Certain Quartz Slabs and Portions Thereof (II), Inv. No. 337-TA-1017 was terminated by the Commission based on Complainant’s withdrawal of the complaint.
Latest posts by Vishal Khatri (see all)
- ITC Considers Alternative Hearing Procedures - June 19, 2020
- ITC Finds Violation Based on Infringement of Method Claim After Importation - June 5, 2020
- Recent ITC Statistics - May 29, 2020