- Certain Light-Emitting Diode Products and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-947: The Commission issued a notice of its determination to review in part the presiding administrative law judge’s initial determination finding a violation of Section 337 with respect to the infringement of five of six asserted patents and for false advertisement. Specifically, the Commission has determined to review and has requested briefing on: (1) the imposition of sanctions against Respondents and their counsel; (2) the false advertisement of certain accused products; (3) the validity of one of the asserted patents; (4) the finding of infringement with respect to two of the asserted patents; and (5) the economic prong of the domestic industry requirement.
ALJ Initial Determinations
- Certain Table Saws Incorporating Active Injury Mitigation Technology and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-965: Judge Pender issued the public version of his initial determination finding a violation of Section 337 based on the infringement of two of four asserted patents.
- Certain Memory Modules and Components Thereof, and Products Containing Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-1023 was instituted on October 3, 2016. Judge Essex has been assigned to the investigation.
The following two tabs change content below.
Dave Maiorana is a trial lawyer with a notable combination of significant experience as a USPTO examiner along with 20 years litigating complex intellectual property matters. He has represented clients as both plaintiffs and defendants around the country and in the ITC. Dave has experience in diverse technology areas, including teeth whitening, diapers, fem care products, self-inflating tires, oxygen concentrators, flash memory, and digital cameras.
Latest posts by David Maiorana (see all)
- ALJ Severs Investigation for Efficient Adjudication Pursuant to 19 C.F.R. § 210.14(h) - November 26, 2019
- ITC Imposes Fine for Violating Cease and Desist Order - October 18, 2019
- ITC Denies Termination Following Excessive Redactions to Settlement Agreement - September 18, 2019