|Title||Dkt. No.||Complainant(s)||Proposed Respondent(s)||IP Asserted|
|Certain Integrated Circuits with Voltage Regulators and Products Containing Same||3174||R2 Semiconductor, Inc.||Intel Corporation
Intel Ireland Ltd.
Intel Products Vietnam Co., Ltd.
Intel Israel 74 Ltd.
Intel Malaysia Sdn. Berhad
Intel China, Ltd.
Dell Technologies, Inc.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co.
- Certain Stainless Steel Products, Certain Processes For Manufacturing Or Relating To Same, And Certain Products Containing Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-933 (Advisory): The Commission issued a notice of the issuance its advisory opinion that it does not have sufficient information to determine whether the products sought to be imported by the Respondent violate the exclusion order entered in the underlying investigation. The Commission noted that its Opinion entered in the violation stage of the investigation “requires that [Respondent] establish ‘that specific products that it seeks to import are not manufactured using any of the trade secrets identified in [the] complaint. Here, [Respondent] has not provided sufficient information to establish that specific stainless steel products would be manufactured without the benefit of [Complainant’s] trade secrets.” The public version of the advisory opinion is not yet available.
- The Commission issued notices in Certain Radio Frequency Identification Products and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-979 and Certain Sleep-Disordered Breathing Treatment Systems and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-997 determining to review ALJ orders terminating certain patent claims from each respective investigation based upon unopposed motions to drop those claims. In both cases, the respective complainant did not include in their motion a statement indicating “that there are no agreements, written or oral, express or implied between the parties concerning the subject matter of the investigation, or if there are any agreements concerning the subject matter of the investigation, all such agreements shall be identified, and if written, a copy shall be filed with the Commission along with the motion” as required by 19 C.F.R. § 210.21(a)(1). The Commission directed the complainants in the 979 and 997 investigations to file a supplemental motion with the Commission that complies with 19 C.F.R. § 210.21(a)(1) by October 7, 2016.
- Certain Industrial Control System Software, Systems Using Same, and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1020: The Commission denied a request by one of the three respondents to utilize the Early Disposition 100-Day Pilot Program (“Pilot Program”). The Commission first noted that the importation issues raised by the respondent were not dispositive of the entire investigation as they did not apply to the other respondents. The Commission also stated that the public interest issues raised in the request are outside the scope of the Pilot Program.
- Certain Athletic Footwear, Inv. No. 337-TA-1018 was instituted by the Commission on September 8, 2016. The Investigation has been assigned to Judge Bullock.
- Certain Krill Oil Products and Krill Meal for Production of Krill Oil Products, Inv. No. 337-TA-1019 was instituted by the Commission on September 12, 2016. The Investigation has been assigned to Judge Lord.
- Certain Industrial Control System Software, Systems Using Same, and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1020 was instituted by the Commission on September 13, 2016. The Investigation has been assigned to Judge McNamara.